As you probably know, there’s a big debate going on right now on whether or not homework should be assigned or not.
We’re not going to take sides on that debate — that’s up to you as an educator.
However, despite its name, our Assign homework poster tool can still be a great tool even if you don’t give homework.
Here are some ways to use it even if you don’t assign homework — either ever or on certain days.
- Post a daily list of learning targets that you finished that day.
- Alternatively, give families and learners a preview of what learning targets will be covered the next day.
- Give suggestions for expanded learning activities that families can do at home — or “#AskYourLearner” prompts.
- Remind families of important deadlines, permission forms and other paperwork that needs to be handed in.
Announce is designed as an easy way to post news and other announcements:
- Use Announce to post important reminders about upcoming events, project due dates or other important dates.
- Publish reminders about things students need to bring to school.
- Spread the word about class accomplishments and achievements.
Highlight is another great tool to increase communication even if you don’t assign homework:
- Post a brief summary of what happened in your class today.
- Preview upcoming activities, units, modules, experiments and more.
- Discuss what goals your learners met that day — and why this important.